1st Annual Graffiti Art Contest
Contest Date: Saturday, June 2nd, 2018
Contest Time: 6am to 12pm
Rain Date: In the event of SEVERE WEATHER, the contest will be postponed to Sunday, June 3rd, 6am to 12pm
*Artists must submit samples to prequalify for event date
Graffiti is defined as the name for images or lettering scratched, scrawled, painted or marked in any manner on property. Graffiti may appear in the forms of simple written words to elaborate wall paintings. It is considered a crime of vandalism; many cities and business owners subscribe to using graffiti art in order to prevent vandalism.
Alcatraz East is accepting submissions for the 1st Annual Graffiti Art Contest. We are looking for graffiti artists that want to showcase their talents and techniques to be part of the graffiti exhibit within the museum! Win the contest and get some pretty amazing bragging rights!
- 1st place: $750
- 2nd place: $350
- 3rd place: $200
Rules of Entry:
- Artist must be at least 18 years old.
- Artist must pre-qualify to enter by filling out the entry form below which includes 3 art samples.
- Individual artists only, no teams.
- The theme for the artwork to be completed during the June 2nd contest is limited to crime related subjects.
- All artists must read the following contest rules & regulations before entering.
- All qualified artists that are invited to the June 2nd event must bring the attached waiver to the event – signed.
Read Press Release: Alcatraz East Crime Museum Invites Graffiti Artists to Compete