Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to go through Alcatraz east?
- Guests usually take 2 to 3 hours to go through the museum, but if you love “all things crime” you could spend all day there. Conveniently located at the Island of Pigeon Forge, the museum is in a great location to plan your day around.
What does Alcatraz East Crime Museum have?
- Explore American history from a different perspective in our five unique galleries that burrow deep into criminal profiles, the penal system, victim’s stories, crime scene investigation, crime prevention, and law enforcement. Step inside the 25,000 square-foot, two-floor facility and investigate America’s favorite subject with hundreds of authentic artifacts and over 100 interactive displays.
What cars are at Alcatraz East?
- The “Get-away Cars” gallery at Alcatraz East features four infamous vehicles in the crime world. On display, you will see John Dillinger’s 1933 Essex Terraplane, the Bonnie and Clyde death car from the 1967 film, the white Ford Bronco from the O.J. Simpson chase, and Ted Bundy’s Volkswagen Beetle.
Is there a place to eat at the Museum?
- The museum sells drinks and snacks, but does not have a restaurant. Fortunately, we are at the Island of Pigeon Forge, so there are plenty of places within walking distance to grab your last meal.
Exactly what age does the museum cater to?
- All ages. The museum has mature content, but the younger audiences only see the fun things for them to do. This is a place where both you and your children will be engaged.
Are pets allowed?
- Trained service animals are welcome to accompany guests who require their assistance due to a disability. All other pets or animals are not permitted in the museum.
Do you have lockers?
- The museum has lockers that are available for rent on a first come, first serve basis.
Can you take pictures at Alcatraz East?
- Absolutely! You are welcome to take all the pictures you would like. We simply ask for no flash photography to protect our artifacts for generations to come. We also ask that you do not photograph our written content.
Is there a Serial Killer Museum?
- Is Alcatraz East a serial killer museum? Alcatraz East does feature a gallery entirely about serial killers, but the museum has so much more! The museum’s displays cover many different types of American crime, punishment, and law enforcement.
Is Alcatraz East scary?
- While some displays may be too mature for younger guests to understand, there is nothing scary in the museum.
No flash photography, gum, food, drinks are allowed. Smoking and illegal drug use of any kind is prohibited in or around the museum. Face masks (custom, ski, etc) are not allowed. Respect museum property. Disorderly contact may lead to an arrest. The Museum is under surveillance and will prosecute all illegal activities.
Lost & Found
Other Helpful Resources
- How long will a Temporary Exhibit be available?
- What Special Programs & Events are available?
- Do you offer Group Rates?
- Can I get a brochure?
- Would you like to cite a Crime Library Article for a paper? Please credit the Crime Museum as the author, and the format commonly used for websites can be found here: The Chicago Manual of Style
- Do you offer discount tickets? For occasional discounts, look here: Deals and Steals
- Do you have an online retail shop?
- Follow us on Facebook!
And after you visit, make sure to post your favorite pictures!